Friday, October 13, 2006

We have a few months before the year ends.

*taking a break from doing the last assignment for the year*

I tot I can finish dis on time, but due to the lack of skills in VBProgramming, I'm stuck on the last 2 parts since Wednesday *sigh*

Susah woo buat menda ni. Thank God that I will not have to mengadap dis thing next year, or next next year... haha. Alhamdulillah.

Yesterday was a very nice day. Unlike the last few days, it was sunny and breezy. Ah whenever I saw sunlight, I just feel like going up to the Botanical Garden and enjoy the colorful surrounding, and snap some pictures. Too bad I don't have time for that. Ah I can't wait for the 27th so that I can go anywhere I want without worrying that I have submissions or papers to sit. All that I have to do is to plan out every fun things that I wanna do and make sure everything goes well. Maybe I can start updating my fotopages, and add up more pictures into the collection... oh and I can go to the cinemas! Jalan2 around lambton, or willis or wherever around the city, or take a busride to Karori Wildlife Sanctuary, or maybe ajak a few ppl to drive out of town? ah best nyer~!

Apart from those 'fun activities' on the list, I still have something else to do, like packing up my stuffs, search for some barang yang dikirim.. basically I have to do some preparation to go back to Malaysia.

Oh yah and I cant wait for the 5th, and the 7th of November cuz there are TWO HUGE EVENTS; Guy Fawkes Night and Tun Dr M's Visit To Wellington. oh yeah Tun is coming to town! And Guy Fawkes Night?

Okay based on Wikipedia.org
Guy Fawkes Night, also known as Bonfire Night, Fireworks Night and Plot Night, is an annual celebration (but not a public holiday) on the evening of the 5th of November primarily in the United Kingdom, but also in New Zealand, South Africa, the province of Newfoundland and Labrador (Canada), and formerly in Australia, and to some extent by their nationals abroad. It celebrates the failure of the Gunpowder Plot, in which a group of Catholic conspirators attempted to blow up the Houses of Parliament in London on the evening of 5 November 1605, when the Protestant King James I (James VI of Scotland) was within its walls.

*refer the above para* so its also called Fireworks Night ..and thats the only reason why I'm soo looking foward to this event. At first I dun even know who the hell is this Guy Fawkes, who is also listed as top 100 Great Britons of 2002 (#30), cuz I tot this event was only a typical event where everybody gets to play with bunga api and mercuns and watch Huge Colorful Fireworks towards the end of the day/celebration and has got nothing to do with any significant history. And since I just found out about the real name of the celebration, I googled the name and wallah~! I found the information on Wikipedia. Haha. The story, I mean his plans (to bomb The House of Parliament) sounded very familiar when I was reading the article, as if I watched a movie about this before. And I knew I was right when I just found out something when I came across one of the verse of the traditional rhymes they use for the celebration.

To those who watched V for Vendetta, I'm sure u guys will find this line familiar:

Remember remember the 5th of November...

Oh wow. V's character was inspired by him. So the whole story is quite similar to the plan, its just that Guy Fawkes' plan failed and V made it. hahaha.

Interesting.

Well as for me, I dun find this story important or has gt something to do with my life or whatsoeva, the only important thing is theres gonna be fireworks lighting up the night sky and I hope I will not miss it! I lof I lof I lof FIREWORKS! And I'm gonna try my best to get nice shots from that night. Should be fun. wheee.

I always lof post-exam period. Cuz that will be the time to have less pimples on the face, less migraine, definitely less stress... and more fun. fun. fun. fun. heh.

I can't wait! Hope things will turn out to be as planned.

Amin.

Okay its 3 mins to eight. better get back to my work. and tahan ngantuks. haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home